#1 BTHSnews.org

BTHSnews.org

Plug into Tech!

• BTHSnews Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Major:N/A

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:59 AM

Mayor Bloomberg's Panel has approved the closing of 19 schools. Check back with BTHSnews.org for more!

View this post on the site!

#2 mband1959

mband1959

Techie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Class of: 1959
  • College:L.I.U.

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:29 PM

Mayor Bloomberg's Panel has approved the closing of 19 schools.
Check back with BTHSnews.org for more!

<a href='http://www.bthsnews.org/?p=821' target='_blank'><b>View this post on the site!</b></a>

#3 mband1959

mband1959

Techie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Class of: 1959
  • College:L.I.U.

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:15 PM

Mayor Bloomberg's Panel has approved the closing of 19 schools.
Check back with BTHSnews.org for more!

<a href='http://www.bthsnews.org/?p=821' target='_blank'><b>View this post on the site!</b></a>

I was one of the first speakers at last week's meeting. I told the Panel that even though I was a graduate of Brooklyn Tech and that Tech was not going to be closed that I felt the anguish that thousands of parents, students and administrators were feeling because two years ago their was a plan in the works to close Tech's building and move the students to a new building.Fortunately,enough noise as made by rank and file alumni such as myself to thwart that plan. Next, I told the Panel the real reason behind the closing of the schools and for background information to get the book,"Cheating Our Kids", by former NY Daily News reporter, Joe Williams. Chan. Klein's mentor, Eli Broad, has a vision that to restore education in this country to worldwide prominence, we have to replace 98% of the supervisors(superintendents and principals)who have a background in education with those with a background in business.He wants to cleanse the system. this is Broad's master Plan. He'll get the principals to get the new teachers to goosestep to a business mold. hence the funding by Broad of the principal's "Leadership Academy". Now since attrition takes too long to replace principals, many new schools will be created.The DOE, for example, will close Jamacia HS and replace it with three or four new principals with very few students in each of the schools and a wealth of services.That's the plan.
However, as I pointed out to the Panel, there is a powerful weapon that teachers can use to vaporize this new order of principals.It's the tape recorder. New York State is one of those states where you can secretly tape your conversations. As soon as these principals get frustrated and start saying the wrong things to parents and teachers, those conversations will wind up on U_Tube. The DOE, Klein and Company and Broad will become generals without an army.

#4 ABrooklynTechie

ABrooklynTechie

Techie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Class of: 2012

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:19 PM

Tech was going to be moved to a new location? :O

#5 NickC

NickC

Senior Class President 2010

• BTHSnews Alumni
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4889 posts
  • Major:IAS
  • Class of: 2010
  • College:University at Buffalo

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:41 AM

Yes. The Atlantic Yard's Project.
BTHS SGO: 2010 Class President | Int'l Arts & Sciences (College Prep) Major | University at Buffalo '14 Psychology, Pre-Med Studies, Chinese Culture and Language

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users