heythere

Ubernewbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Major:N/A
  • Class of: 2013

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

what happens if you fail ap physics b if you're takin aero for junior year? if i fail that class do i repeat the class again senior year or summer school? can i still graduate? also can i drop the major senior year and take regular classes instead?

#2 Becca95

Becca95

Junior President

• B95
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Major:Software Engineering

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

Well if you took physics freshman year, you're fine. But if not then you're going to need to repeat regents physics next year. Physics I'm pretty sure is not offered in summer school (I have friends who failed physics last year and are repeating it this school year)

If you fail a major class, you can still graduate but you can't get a brooklyn tech diploma.
You can't drop your major.
Rebecca Dall'Orso
Robotics Team Captain
Senior Class Parliamentarian
Council for Student Activites Coordinator
Society Of Women Engineers- President & Founder

#3 heythere

heythere

Ubernewbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

thanks for the reply. i have 1 more question

if i fail physics b this year, next year do i have to take both ap physics b AND c since aero requires you to take ap physics c senior year.

#4 NickC

NickC

Senior Class President 2010

• BTHSnews Alumni
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4889 posts
  • Major:IAS
  • Class of: 2010
  • College:University at Buffalo

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

I do not believe AP Physics C has a pre-requisite so you would still be able to take that class...Don't fail AP Physics B. Don't let that be your option at all. Pass by all means necessary. Contact the teacher and speak to them directly and ask what you can do to boost up your grade - whether it be that you attend tutoring sessions, extra help outside of class time, whatever it is! Even if you get a 62 average overall, depending on the instructor, if they see that you are trying and putting your all into it then you might get that 65 to pass the class even if your average doesn't round up. High school is a time for you to become an independent learner. When you graduate and move onto to college, failing is literally not an option and if you fail, no body will care because you will be 1 of 450 in a lecture. Take advantage of your opportunities now!

There are options out there and the best thing about Tech is that these options are opened to you instead of having you seek them out. The tutoring schedule should be available at respective department offices. I am assuming that AP Physics should fall under the Physics department, go to 2E15 or 2E16 (forgot which room ...it's been a while since I've been in Tech - pretty sure its 2E15) and check out the schedule!
BTHS SGO: 2010 Class President | Int'l Arts & Sciences (College Prep) Major | University at Buffalo '14 Psychology, Pre-Med Studies, Chinese Culture and Language

#5 Becca95

Becca95

Junior President

• B95
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Major:Software Engineering

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

Physics department is actually moved to the 1st floor east side since you've been here Nick!
It's 1E9? Somewhere around there, if you ask your physics teacher they will know the exact room location.
Rebecca Dall'Orso
Robotics Team Captain
Senior Class Parliamentarian
Council for Student Activites Coordinator
Society Of Women Engineers- President & Founder

#6 R. Asher

R. Asher

Principal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts